In 7.07 update, Dota 2 developers completely change the rating system for both ranked and non-ranked games. Now we are expecting six-month long ranked seasons. This means that the ratings will be most accurate and fresh for all players, which means that the games will be of better quality for everyone!
After the change, the ranking system in Dota 2 will be as follows:
- In each season, players will earn a medal corresponding to their best rating for the entire season.
- There are seven different medals, and within each medal there are also five stars, earning which, you are moving towards a new medal.
- Your current medal, as well as a medal for last season will be shown before each match to all players who are in it.
- At the start of each season, all players will need to recalibrate their MMR, and the MMR of last season will be the starting point for recalibration.
- The preseason, “numerical” MMR will be saved and will remain in your profile, and you will be able to select it for display in your in-game profile.
- All players will also be able to track the value of their current seasonal rating.
The first season starts in two weeks.